We like to believe that our ice cream flavors are so unique and flavorful, that you don't need any toppings to get a full experience. However, there are times when we like to "change things up". With this in mind, we created a super easy, but incredibly delicious caramel sauce recipe!
If you have some pints of Revival in your freezer at home, maybe you're craving a new way to enjoy your favorite flavor. Take a few minutes to whip up this caramel sauce, let it cool a bit, then drizzle the luscious amber treat over your scoops.
Revival's Caramel Sauce Recipe
Watch: Caramel Sauce Recipe
Other Ways to Enjoy Caramel Sauce
- For a dip with slices of apple or pretzels
- Drizzle on your Saturday pancakes!
- Dress up a plain slice of cheesecake
- Brownie topping, anyone?
- Caramel Popcorn
Tips to Making this Easy Caramel Sauce Recipe
- Keep your heat on medium low, don't try to rush it.
- Stir your ingredients constantly so as to avoid burning the sugar. A rubber spatula gets the sugar in the edges of the pan.
- Use a thick-bottomed pan to distribute the heat evenly.
- The sauce will get thicker as you cook it, but will get thin again once you take it off the heat. Don't worry - it will thicken back up as it cools a bit.
- If you'd like a thicker sauce, use a bit less heavy cream and cook it a bit longer. For thinner sauce, add more heavy cream and cook a bit less.
If Your Caramel Sauce is "Grainy"
A grainy sauce happens when the sugar crystals do not dissolve all the way. By stirring your sauce constantly while cooking it, you can prevent this from happening. Using a rubber spatula to stir can get the sugar that gets stuck in the edges of the pan.
Before you begin, grease the sides of your pan with vegetable oil. This will keep the sugar granules from sticking.